|Dr.Mohanlal Ponniah; (Mohanlal P P); (Mohanlal Pappu Ponniah); Dr.P P Mohanlal|
- Elected as Fellow of Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) from 1st Dec 2016.
- College Initiation day Lecture delivered at Rajalekshmi College of Engineering Chennai, India on 1st August 2016.
- Graduation day Convocation address delivered at Dr.Sivanthi Aditanar College of Engineering at Tiruchendur, Tamilnadu, India on April 13, 2016.
- Inagural address delivered for National Conference IDEAS-16 at UKF College of Engineering at Paripally, near Kollam, Kerala, India on March 30,2016.
- Patent Filed and number assigned : No. 201641002872 dated 27th Jan 2016 "A METHOD FOR IMPROVING GPS POSITIONING AVAILABILITY IN HIGH DYNAMIC PLATFORMS WITH BODY RATES" Used in ISRO’s sounding rockets where the spin is quite high leading to positioning problem which is solved by this new method.
- Patents Filed:
- 4.1 A METHOD OF MANUFACTURING MICRO ELECTRO MECHANICAL VIBRATORY RING RESONATOR.
- 4.2 A MONOLITHIC METALLIC FLEXURE PROOF MASS AND INDUCTIVE PICK-OFF BASED SERVO ACEELEROMETER.
- Post Graduate Course Lectures delivered on “ Inertial Navigation” for CSSTEAP ( Centre for Space Science and Technology Education in Asia and the Pacific Affiliated to the United Nations during 28 and 29th Dec 2015, SAC Ahemdabad (Bopal campus).
- Paper published: G.Harikumar, K.Karthikeyan, S.Syamala. C.Radhakrishna Pillai, S.Hemachandran, A.Abdul shukkoor and P.P. Mohanlal, “Troposphere induced GPS navigation error, its effect on GPS-INS Integrated system performance and mitigation strategies”, Indian Journal of Radio and Space Physics, pp150-158, June 2013.
Former Positions held by Mohanlal Ponniah:
- Director, ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU), Vattiyoorkavu, Thiruvananthapuram, India. (2014 - June 2016)
- Associate Director, ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU), Vattiyoorkavu, Thiruvananthapuram, India (2011 – 2014).
- Group Director, Launch Vehicle Inertial Systems of IISU, India. (2009 - 2011)
- Head, Navigation Software and Simulation Division of IISU (2002 - 2009)
Research areas of Interest:
- Inertial sensors and Inertial Navigation system design
- Satellite Navigation Receiver Design
- Integrated Navigation systems design(GPS-INS)
- High resolution high accuracy analog to digital converter design
- Digital Signal Processing
- Optimal estimation and control
- Neural networks and Fuzzy logic
- Optimal model based optimal and robust fuzzy logic controllers
- Atom Interferometry based inertial sensors